Automatic chicken coop door is one of the best premium thing which you can do for your chicken house.
Most of the chicken lovers design their chicken house door with amazing ideas. But if you want to make your coop more special, attaching an automatic electric door will do the job.
Here you will read a complete guide on adding the best automatic chicken coop door in your chicken house.
Let’s continue the guide on setting up an automatic system in your chicken farms. Your girl and boys will love the technology in their hut.
- 1 What Is an Automatic Chicken Coop Door?
- 2 Top 5 Best Automatic Chicken Coop Door and Kit
- 2.1 1. JVR Automatic Chicken Door Coop Opener Kit with Safety Mechanism
- 2.2 2. ChickenGuard Waterproof Automatic Chicken Coop Door Opener/Closer with Timer/Light Sensor
- 2.3 3. Run Chicken Model T40, Automatic Chicken Coop Door
- 2.4 4. Rural365 Automatic Chicken Coop Door
- 2.5 5. Happy Henhouse Automatic Chicken Coop Door Opener Kit
- 3 Benefits of Using an Automatic Chicken Coop Door?
- 4 How Does an Electric Chicken Coop Door Work?
- 5 Editor’s choice
What Is an Automatic Chicken Coop Door?
An automatic chicken coop door is a type of poultry house door which will open and close automatically and electrically operated. Most people know it as an automatic pop door, electric chicken door, and solar powered chicken door.
This kind of auto door opener is mostly attached on non-movable chicken coops because it needs a continuous power supply for its automatic operation.
But now people can use a 6-12V battery system to operate automatic poultry shed door in chicken coops with wheels.
We can only use an automatic chicken coop door in any type of poultry coop. You can use an automatic battery charging system using solar panels.
If you want to build a beautiful portable chicken coop, you can read the complete ideas here.
The automatic door opening feature is not a new concept. Most of the farmers are using these types of premium sensor doors, which open in the morning and close in the evening, or they are time adjustable.
Top 5 Best Automatic Chicken Coop Door and Kit
The JVR automatic chicken coop door is one of the best chicken pop doors available. It is provided with a nice electronic door opener, having big buttons and a big screen.
This electronic door opener is available in all three variants but they have different power management and features. So, read below tp choose which one suits your coop.
The first model of JVR automatic chicken house door (click here for details) has a Manual button, anti-pinch, but it does not have a light sensor. So, program it only according to time.
The second one is a non-programmable model, no manual button. But it is an anti-pinch timer and comprises a light sensor. So, it will automatically open in the morning and close at night. (Check more about this model here)
The third modeI of JVR automatic chicken door coop is the advanced one (click here for details). This model is a smart chicken coop door which you can manage with Wi-Fi from mobile remote control. Also this automatic chicken coop door is fully programmable. It does not have any photosensitive sensor.
All the three variants are good for indoor and outdoor use because the doors are waterproof. A power cord of AC 110V – DC 12V is given with the set but 12V solar battery is not included.
- Good quality.
- Different variants for customer requirements.
- Smart models are Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant supported.
- Works with and without the internet.
- Safe for chickens.
- The light sensor is impressive.
- Install it within 30 minutes.
- Tricky wifi setup instruction.
- High cost.
The ChickenGuard is another most popular brand which is building durable chicken pop doors.
This automatic chicken coop door kit comprises a photosensitive sensor which automatically opens in morning and closes in evening.
Few people also call them solar chicken doors because they work with sun.
You don’t have to worry about waking up in the morning. The automatic coop door does the job for you.
The most amazing thing about this model is it runs on 4 AA Alkaline batteries which are easily available in all electrical stores.
ChickenGuard Waterproof Automatic Chicken Coop Door has a long battery life and also provides Low battery warning to the user.
Also the material used in the door is durable in all types of climate. So, you chickens will love to stay safe inside the coop and eat treats.
- Very secure door.
- Beautiful black and white design.
- Weather resistant.
- 3 years manufacturer guarantee.
- Easy to operate.
- Battery drains faster, and uses a rechargeable battery for saving money.
- Customer service should be better.
The Run Chicken Automatic coop door T40 is one of the best rated light sensor enabled doors. This door is made up of fully aluminium bod..
The dark color looks great on the door. The company has designed the automatic chicken door that the controller looks invisible from a distance.
A 12V power (100V-240V) supply adapter is given the box which is about 6ft long.
The electric door opener for chicken coop doors in this model has no time specific settings but you have options to delay the closing and opening time in morning and evening.
- Easy to install.
- Very sturdy material used.
- No need for extra fitting automatic doors in one piece.
- Beautiful design.
- Good customer support.
- No battery system included but you can use a solar panel system.
- No specific time setting.
This is another full feature automatic chicken coop door by Rural365. The door has both a timer setting and a photosensitive sensor for automatic operation.
You do not have to wake up early in the morning to open the coop door, and also do not worry about closing the door to save chickens from outside predators.
The Rural365 automatic chicken house door comes in a divided part. You have to read all instructions to set up the door parts properly.
It is a battery powered electric chicken door which runs on 4 AA size batteries. We recommend you to use rechargeable batteries.
The door is weatherproof and keeps you flocks safe from various outside predators like foxes, raccoons, dogs, etc.
- AIl in one automatic chicken house door.
- Runs on battery.
- Works on any type of climate.
- Light sensor and timer feature is available.
- Easy to install, but you have to do the installation at home.
- High price.
- Customer support is average.
The Happy Henhouse automatic chicken coop door with opener kit is a good battery operated door for poultry houses.
One of the major drawbacks of this model is it has no timer, but a light sensor is available. So, the automatic door opens and closes with sunlight.
The door is safe for the chickens as it stops if any chicken goes below the automatic door.
The product is made from aluminium, so it is fully weatherproof. Lightweight, but the electric chicken coop door is very strong.
The company guarantees that the electronic door opner will run for about 9 months with 4 AA Batteries. We recommend only rechargeable ones.
- Sturdy material.
- Light weight.
- Easy to set up.
- With a light sensor.
- Battery operated.
- Weather proof.
- No timers function.
- No electric supply.
- Battery backup is average, use rechargeable ones.
- Good for small chickens flocks.
Benefits of Using an Automatic Chicken Coop Door?
Here are some basic pros of using an electric chicken coop door-
- Most of the automatic chicken coop doors comprise strong galvanized metal.
- You can use it in any type of chicken coop just you need a 6-12V battery power supply for its automatic operation.
- It comes with an automatic light sensor so it’s automatically open in morning and close in evening.
- If you have free range birds, this is a hassle free tool because you don’t have to worry about opening and closing the door.
- It makes your coop unique and advance of others.
- Sometimes you go outside and the locking door of your chicken flocks in the evening is a big problem. But if you use an auto chicken coop door, you will not have to worry.
How Does an Electric Chicken Coop Door Work?
As we have already told you, the automatic chicken coop door works with sensors. The light sensor is present inside the kit called a chicken coop door opener.
The door opener has various features which handIes different modes. You can use those modes for different settings like open in morning, close in evening.
You can set up your specific time when you want to open and close the door. Some advanced auto running design chicken coop openers can also be operated by Wi-Fi.
One of the best automatic chicken door openers is sold by ChickenGuard Standard. See below for description.
This above controller is connected with a 6V or 12V motor which rotates to move the coop door up and down. The machine looks like a complicated device, but when you use it you love to operate it.
To select a good electric chicken coop door you have to consider 3 things-
- Design which suits your coop members. See what size of auto door your chicken breeds need.
- Understand the features and buy. Some time you don’t have power supply inside coop so in that condition go with a battery model.
- Built quality of the automatic coop door.
- Your budget. It is every important because its a DIY for making your coop more advanced but it is not must required.
After going through these all points I recommend you JVR Automatic Chicken Door Coop Opener Kit.
It has 3 varieties of automatic coop so you can choose which feature you want manual, only light sensor or fully smart model.
Also, it has a warranty and made from sturdy material. You can also select variants according to your budget.
Hope this guide helps you to buy and set up an excellent automatic chicken coop door for your flocks.
We will be happy to read your thoughts about these advanced chicken house doors. Share your comments below.