Are you searching for some best chicken waterers for your chickens. If you are a chicken farmer you may aware of how a good chicken waterer is so important in poultry business.
A good quality chicken drinker will always keep your chickens hydrated and healthy all the time.
How? Lets tell you more about it…
Chicken eat lots of dry stuff so they need a lot of water to digest their food. A good chicken waterer also helps your poultry flocks to drink adequate water, which helps to hydrate themselves.
Most of the small chicken farmers with 4-5 number of flocks use bowls to give them water which has lots of downsides. Chicken always wants to jump and fly so mostly when they go near the bowl most of the time they will turn them by standing on it and all water falls down.
Its really so messy, Isn’t it?
So, If you don’t want this mess, try to buy a Chicken Waterer to keep your chicken coop and flocks clean.
This guide will help you to choose best chicken waterer for your poultry farm. Also you will understand how to select a good poultry drinkers for your flocks.
- 1 Top 10 Best Chicken Waterers for Your Poultry Flocks
- 1.1 1. Oasis Chicken Waterer Kit Complete with Oasis Watering Cups, Bucket Float Valve and Drill Bits
- 1.2 2. RentACoop Chick Waterer 1Liter (32oz) Drinker Plus Red Versatile Nipple
- 1.3 3. Farm Innovators Model HPF-100 “All-Seasons” Heated Plastic Poultry Fountain, 3 Gallon, 100-Watt
- 1.4 4. Harris Farms Double Wall Galvanized Chicken Poultry Drinker
- 1.5 5. Backyard Barnyard 4 Pack NO PECK Poultry Cup Waterer Drinker for Chicken Ducks Quail
- 1.6 6. Harris Farms Plastic Poultry Drinker, 5 Quart (4.7 liiter)
- 1.7 7. RentACoop 5 Gallon Chicken Waterer – 4 Horizontal Side Mount Poultry Nipples
- 1.8 8. RentACoop Automatic Chicken Water Nipple Cup Waterer Kit for Poultry (Pack of 6)
- 1.9 9. Harris Farms 1000267 6.25 Gallon, Green Chicken Waterer
- 1.10 10. Royal Rooster Twin Cup Drinker & Feeder Set – 6.5lbs /1 gal
- 2 Best Buyers Guide for Selecting Best Chicken Wateres
- 3 Conclusion (Editors Choice for Best Chicken Waterers)
Top 10 Best Chicken Waterers for Your Poultry Flocks
List of of Top 10 Best Chicken Waterers Available –
Check Details on Amazon
Its a very creative cup design chicken poultry waterer. It contains a bucket, which is the main water container. In this chicken waterer four 3 inches diameter cup kits were connected on sides of bucket.
This waterer system is fully automatic. No float tabs and No triggers to peck. Its Patented Float Valve keeps the bucket full. Right angle adapter relieves garden hose strain and allows for a variety of placement options.
It is also an DIY idea for making chicken waterer at home. If you buy only the nipple cup, you can make this chicken drinker at home using an old used bucket of paint.
This kit included 4 (Orange) Cups with Mounting Hardware, Float Valve, Drill Bit, Hole Saw, Garden Hose Adapter / 90 Degree Elbow, Instructions, OASIS Sticker
- 4 chickens can easily drink water together in this chicken waterer.
- Easy to build or assemble this design at home.
- Suitable for backyard chicken coop.
- Need a water supply every time if you want to make it automatic.
- Not suitable for big poultry farms
It is a nipple type chicken waterer for baby chicks, containing a rectangular container. On below part it is fitted with a poultry waterer nipple which dispense water in drops.
Chicks need negligible quantity of water. They peak and drink the water drops.
It also comes with both universal spring clip and horizontal cage wire for attaching it with your chicken coop.
- Best for your portable chicken coop.
- It comes with clip and wire for strong fitting.
- Best for baby chicks.
- It’s a small 1liter quantity chicken drinker, which is suitable for only baby chicks, not for adult ones.
- Not for large number of flocks, suitable for 5-10 chicks.
This Farm Innovators Model HPF-100 is a one of the best container type chicken waterer with water heating technology. It is made-up of hard plastic material.
It contains a 100 Watt water heater for heating water anytime when necessary. You just have to fill water by opening the lid in the lower side of the base cap.
In cold reasons there is a high risk of Chronic respiratory disease because of cold. Also, flocks don’t like to drink extensive cold water.
In these type condition this chicken waterer will solve the problem and maintain a warm water temperature.
- Best for cold areas.
- Prevents water from freezing down to 0 degree F.
- Can used in big farms if added multiple drinkers for more flocks.
- Needs electricity for water heating.
- A short length of cord.
- Availble only in 3 gallon size.
This Harris Farms Double Wall Galvanized Poultry Drinker is made up of heavy duty galvanized steel. It is one of the sturdy and long lasting poultry drinker.
So, don’t worry if your chickens stand on the container, nothing will happen.
It comes in 2 and 5 gallon size containing a cylindrical steel container on top and a circular base. Best for 40-50 poultry birds.
It uses the vacuum pressure, which provides a continuous flow of water.
- Very stong poultry waterer.
- Best for maximun 50 chickens.
- Very heavy to carry when water is filled.
- No hanging system.
It is a cup chicken waterer of 4 pack by Backyard Barnyard. Its do not require any nippler pushing and no toggle pulling.
It always filled automatically with a full cup of water every time with the help of its float regulator present inside the cup.
You just have to fit it on a large bucket, container or with piping system.
- Easy installation and simple to use.
- You can attach these cup drinkers in buckets of any size according to your requirement.
- Float regulator keeps water available to your chickens automatically.
- Difficult to clean the cups.
- Get dirty easily.
- If not fitted properly, you may face leakage problems.
This is a traditional type poultry drinker size about 5 liters. It is available in 1.2 and 3.5 gallon sizes.
It is easy to clean and fill. Just you have to fill water, fit the base cap with twist lock system and turn the drinker. Then keep it in the stands.
The chicken waterer is made up of top quality durable plastic. 1.2 gallon size is best for 30 and 3.5 gallon for 10 baby chicks of 2-3 weeks old.
You can also connect the upper container with Harris Farms Heated Poultry Drinker Base.
- Easy to use.
- Twist lock system for preventing leakage.
- Easy to clean.
- Non Automated.
- Easily get dirty as it is kept in low height.
- Not suitable for cold areas.
This is a rectangular container with nipple chicken waterer. This is available in both handle and side mounting system.
Its quantity is 5 gallons, perfect for about 12 flocks for about 5-7 days. So, fill it once every week from the upper lid, which is a superb thing about this drinker.
- It provides both hang and mount system.
- It’s a manual system chicken waterer but works like automated.
- Nipple system prevents wastage of water.
- Its handle is not that much strong.
- The lid is very hard to get on and off.
This is one of the best cup chicken waterer kit with a great customer service. This nipple cup waterer kit comes in 6, 4, and 2 pack.
You can attach them to according to your requirement. You can put them on jars, drums, buckets or even on flowing water piping system. It works best on gravity fed system.
Just use a 3/8″ drill bit to create holes on container above 1″ from the base and put the screw part of the cup and tight it.
- Best for all types of poultry birds like chickens, ducks, geese, turkeys, etc.
- Good quality plastic.
- Best customer service.
- Easy to setup.
- Its not for cold weather areas.
- Get dirty easily.
This Harris farm strong build container chicken waterer is made up of BPA-free Plastic. It is available in green color base and top cap.
This drinker contain a black color handle for carrying. It is available in 6.25 Gallon and 3.5 Gallon. 3.5-Gallon can be used for about 56 and 6.5 for about 100 chicken flocks.
The top cap helps you for simple water filling and cleaning. You can use this drinker inside or outside of the coop.
- Strong Build Plastic material.
- Good for 100 chicken flocks.
- Easy to use.
- Traditional Design.
- Manual Design.
- Not suitable for cold weather areas.
- Very strong quality poultry waterer because it molded from long-life plastic.
- Do not leak easily.
- Suitable for high number of flocks.
The Royal Rooster Twin Cup Drinker & Feeder Set of 6.5lbs /1 gal is amazing. If you also need a chicken feeder, you can grab this deal because it is a set of waterer and feeder.
The height of the drinker and feeder is about 20 inches. It has ergonomically designed lids with complete setup tools.
You will also get 4 x aluminum brackets and screws for fixing them on coop or solid wall. It is best for 1-4 number of flocks.
The waterer is cup designed work because of its float regulator inside the cup.
- No mess water supply.
- UV Resistant, Slim-line Design.
- You can put them on your coops wall or on mesh.
- For baby poultry flocks. One set is for about 1-4 chickens only.
- Cups are also smaller.
Best Buyers Guide for Selecting Best Chicken Wateres
What are Chicken Waterers?
Chicken waterers are one of the important poultry equipment mainly used to give water to chicken flocks. This is also known as poultry drinker.
It keeps the water clean by avoiding mixing of chicken poops and shed litter in water. Chickens are prone to make a mess by digging, jumping and by fighting which makes the water dirty easily.
But If you are using a wonderful quality chicken waterer, you can keep your poultry drinking water clean. Poultry drinkers were designed in such a way that chicken can’t turn them down or make the water dirty.
Mostly chicken drinkers are made up of plastic and galvanized steel, but most of the poultry farmers use plastic chicken waterers because they are cheap, lightweight and long lasting.
Different poultry waterers are available e.g. Nipple drinkers, Drinker Cups, and Container types.
It requires different sizes of poultry waterers for different ages, sizes or breeds of chickens.
For example, in case of broiler chickens most of the farms use small size (2-3 liters) chicken waterers for first 7 days, then day 8-21 they use medium size (3-5 liters) and then till selling of the flocks large size (6-10 liters).
Also, small chicken breeds like Sussex need small size whereas big chicken breeds like Buff Orpington needs big size chicken waterers.
Types of Chicken Waterers
Chicken waterers mostly come in two types –
Traditional Container type Chicken Waterers
This is the traditional type of chicken waterer. Upperside of this type of Chicken waterers contain a container and on its downside you will see a rounded base. Mostly this drinker is available in the manual system.
We keep them in small stands above litter. So, most of the time chickens kick debris on the litter, which mess up with water on the base part. It is one of the major problem in traditional chicken waterers.
Automatic type Chicken Waterers
Automatic types of chicken waterers are available for nipple, cup and container design. They all works in gravity fed water supply system. The water is filled in a large container on a highted place and all the drinkers are connected with the help of piping systems.
Companies design automatic container chicken waterers for continuous flow of water and prevention of dirt. Also, the automated type cup and nipple poultry waterers are more superior designs to provide a clean water system to your flocks.
How to select a best chicken waterer for your flocks?
Here are some basic tips to understand which chicken waterer is best for your birds –
First you should know how much chicken you have and their drinking quantity. Fir example, If you have 5 birds you can buy a 1-2 gallon waterer.
Chicks need smaller size waterers because if you give them a large one they will jump and stand on the water of the drinkers base and make water dirty.
If you provide small drinkers to your big chickens, they cannot drink because their beak can go inside the base properly. So cannot drink water easily. Also, they will end up a small quantity of water fast.
Design is a most important factor to consider. If you have a 20″ tall small coop and you are buying a 25″ height chicken waterer, how can you put it inside the coop. Also think what type of design suits your coop, a cup system, nipple system or a traditional container type chicken waterer.
Different chicken breeds need different size and types of chicken drinkers. Some large breeds like Buff Orpington may need larger size drinkers as compared to silkie chickens.Also temperature is one of the major factor.
You can not use piping system, nipple and cup waterers in highly cold weather. Use a heater attached to chicken waterer like Farm Innovators Model HPF-100, which prevents freezing of water.
Conclusion (Editors Choice for Best Chicken Waterers)
So, after this complete guide on best chicken waterers hope you have complete knowledge on selecting a good poultry drinker for your flocks.
From the above list we recommend the best one Farm Innovators Model HPF-100 “All-Seasons” Heated Plastic Poultry Fountain, 3 Gallon, 100-Watt for Its best feature i.e easy to use heater featured chicken waterer. It also contain a handles which you can use as a hanger.
If you have any question regarding chicken waterers feel free to write your questions and thoughts below in the comment section.
Hope you liked this article and your flocks like these chicken waterers. Thanks for reading. Happy chicken farming…