In this article we have a complete guide to selecting best chicken feeders for your poultry flocks. For better feeding inside chicken coop, you need sturdy and durable poultry feeders.
Here you will understand all about different types of poultry feeders and their pros and cons. The chicken feeders are necessary to supply distributed nutrition to the poultry flocks.
- 1 Top 11 Best Chicken Feeders for Your Poultry Flocks
- 1.1 1. Harris Farms 1000293 Galvanized Hanging Poultry Feeder, 15 lbs, metal
- 1.2 2. Harris Farms Hanging Poultry Feeder
- 1.3 3. Chicken Feeder-Holds 20 Pounds-Pellets-Crumbles-Grain in Bucket – for 21st Century Chicken Owners
- 1.4 4. 25LB Outdoor Rainproof Galvanized Chicken Feeder 20 Liter Capacity (Corner)
- 1.5 5. RentACoop PVC Chicken Poultry Feeder with Rain Cover 10 Pounds
- 1.6 6. Royal Rooster Chicken Poultry Feeder with Rain Cover – 6.5 Pound Capacity
- 1.7 7. Little Giant Hanging Poultry Feeder 3lb
- 1.8 8. Little Giant Plastic Flip-Top Poultry Feeder (20-inch) Heavy Duty Plastic Feeding Tray with Holes
- 1.9 9. Miller 9112 12lb. Galvanized Hanging Poultry Feeder
- 1.10 10. Plastic Poultry Feeder by Farm tuff
- 1.11 11. Rural365 Chicken Treadle Feeder
- 2 Complete Guide on Selecting Best Chicken Feeders for Your Flocks
- 2.1 What Are Chicken Feeders?
- 2.2 How to Select Best Chicken Feeders for Your Poultry Flocks?
- 2.3 How Many of the Chicken Feeders Do You Need?
- 2.4 Types of Chicken Feeders
- 2.5 Benefits of Using a Chicken Feeder for Chickens
- 3 Editor’s Choice on Best Poultry Feeder
Top 11 Best Chicken Feeders for Your Poultry Flocks
Here is the list of best chicken feeders-
Check Details on Amazon
RentACoop PVC Chicken Poultry Feeder with Rain Cover
The name of the manufacturer is Harris farms. They make excellent and qualitative poultry feeders. Each of them weighs 15 lbs. It is a galvanized hanging poultry feeder.
The product is made of metal. The dimension of each chicken feeder is 11.63 x 11.63 x 11 inches.
- It is ideal for serving as a hanging poultry feeder.
- The hanger has passed the safety test.
- It comes with a carry handle as well.
- It reduces the wastage of poultry food.
- You may face a minor problem with its weight.
- It requires a little effort for cleaning.
- The cost of the product is a little expensive.
The product is manufactured by Harris farms. This product has three variants based on its weight, such as 7 pounds, 10 pounds, and 25 pounds.
The material is plastic, and the color variant available for this item is white. The mounting type of this chicken feeder is hanging type. It is easy to buy chicken feeders online.
- Farmers can choose as per their requirements based upon their weight.
- The product is prepared from durable plastic.
- It can feed up to 15-25 birds at a time.
- Shipping charges are a little expensive.
- The size of the product is not ideal for larger poultry farms.
3. Chicken Feeder-Holds 20 Pounds-Pellets-Crumbles-Grain in Bucket – for 21st Century Chicken Owners
This chicken feeder comes in a bucket shape. It can hold up to 20 pounds of pullet crumbles grain. The product is specially designed for the farmers of the 21st century.
It has two types, one is 2 Feed Ports – Center (4-6 Hens), and another is 2 Feed Ports – Corner (4-6 Hens). The product is plastic-free and 100 percent food grade.
- It prevents poultry food from wild birds and squirrels, mice, or rats.
- You can place it anywhere in the yard.
- It helps the food to stay dry.
- It decreases food wastage.
- The item is only suitable for chickens that are more than 12 weeks and older.
- You need to put food and check the quantity regularly.
The weight of this chicken feeder is 25 pounds. It is a corner size product. This product is ideal for chickens that are older than 12 weeks or more.
It can hold crumbles, grains, pellets, and starch with ease. You can have the best waterproof chicken feeder after buying this item. The design does not allow a feed spill.
- The company offers excellent customer service.
- The product is quite large.
- It is 100% waterproof.
- The price may be a little expensive.
- It only carries 25 pounds of grain.
The name of the brand is ‘Rent A Coop.’ The dimension of the item is 6 x 6 x 17.5 inches and made with wood, metal, polyvinyl chloride. It is ideal for hanging mounts. It carries 10 lbs of chicken food.
You can install the chicken feeder inside or outside of your coop. It can be rested upon wire or wood. The product performs very well against water. The product comes with 2 screws for installation and 2 custom hooks for hanging it.
- You can save the feed cost as it is an excellent chicken feeder.
- The item is 100% waterproof.
- It prevents food from other wild intruders.
- The product is suitable for many feed, such as grain, crumbles, pellets, and scratches.
- The item is only for 12 weeks chicken and older than that.
- Its installation is a little tricky.
The name of the manufacturer is ‘Royal Rooster.’ The size of the item is 5 x 9 x 20 inches. Its weight is around 1.2 kgs. The innovative design feeder can save you time while feeding your coops.
The wastage of food can be decreased in its installation. It protects food from wild birds and animals. It comes with a hook to be mounted on a wall or wood.
- Your poultry foods are safe inside the feeder.
- It keeps away the water.
- The aluminum bracket makes it firmer while mountain to the wall.
- It holds only 6.4 lbs. of food.
- It is a tall-designed product, which makes it a little weird.
- The price point is higher.
The name of the manufacturer is ‘little giant.’ The color of the product is red. The weight of the item is 0.4 pounds.
It is a cost-effective product with dimensions of 8.25 x 8.75 x 8.25 inches. It has feed saver lips, which promote the decrease of spillage. You can adjust the feed levels. It is one of the best chicken feeder which you can place inside brooding
- The product does not allow any poultry food wastage.
- It has a unique feature of anti-scratch vanes.
- The smaller size makes it ideal for chick and baby quail.
- The installation process is quite easy.
- The product is only available for online purchase.
- The farmers should perform the cleaning regularly.
8. Little Giant Plastic Flip-Top Poultry Feeder (20-inch) Heavy Duty Plastic Feeding Tray with Holes
The product is prepared by Miller manufacturing. The weight of the item is 20 x 9 x 2 inches. The item is available only in purple color. The feeder tray is 20 inches. It has 28 feeding holes.
They are divided into two sides, so each side has 14 holes. Your poultry feed is safe and sound as it is covered with a top. The most important feature is it reduces food wastage. It is one of the best linear feeder for chickens.
- The design of the feeder promotes easy cleaning for the farmers.
- The item is highly durable.
- The material from which it is manufactured is polycarbonate plastic with high-density.
- The product can serve you years of service with no breakage.
- The price of the product is very budget friendly.
- The only color variant is purple.
- It allows feeding at a defined rate to your poultry.
Miller Manufacturing is the maker of this product. The dimensions of the item are 12 x 10.13 x 12 inches. The weight capacity of the product is 12 lb. and 30 lb. It comes with 3 packaging systems such as 2-pack, 3-pack, and 5-pack.
It comes under the hanging category of the chicken feeder. You can avail warrant and other details related to it by contacting the online seller.
- It is ideal for chicken farming and livestock care.
- It saves a decent amount of poultry food.
- The product’s durability has increased its demand.
- The product is a little costly.
- This item is not ideal for smaller farms.
The item is suitable for small farmers. It is made of plastic. The name of the manufacturer is Farm tuff. The dimensions of the item are 12.5 x 12.5 x 13.5 inches.
It has five different flow rates for feeding the coop. The metallic handle and clips make it durable enough. No further assembly of accessories is necessary after installation.
- The item can supply the food in five different flow rates.
- Durability has increased with the application of a metallic hook and handle.
- The handle and clip are adjustable to hold the pan to the tube.
- It supplies a decent feeding experience to the chicken coop.
- The weight is light, so a hanger is necessary.
- Price is a little fussy as compared to other plastic products.
The product is ideal for your coop. It provides a steady food supply to your poultry members. Chickens can enjoy their milk with chicken feeder. It is an automatic chicken feeder and has a capacity of 17.6 pounds.
Farmers should not worry about this chicken coop feeder as it will not rust or crumble on heavy outdoor usage. The product is amazing to preserve chicken food.
- The poultry feeder is ideal for protecting the feed.
- It can hold up to 17.6 pounds of feed.
- The item is rainproof.
- The back-panel hole is for optional wall mounting.
- There is no mounting possibility for the covered type chicken feeder.
Complete Guide on Selecting Best Chicken Feeders for Your Flocks
What Are Chicken Feeders?
The poultry feeder is a device just like a bowl or like a container. It carries the chicken’s food. That is why it is also named as chicken feeder.
Chicken feeder is available with the holding capacity of 1 to 8 kg for poultry feed. It is also suitable for feeding 50 to 100 birds at once.
How to Select Best Chicken Feeders for Your Poultry Flocks?
Many farmers do their inventions with domestic methods. They can prepare homemade chicken feeders from things like ice-cream tubs, mason jars, and milk bottles. This is a nice DIY to get the chicken feeders but not efficient.
The product which you have prepared may not stand against the change in climates. It also ends up with the wastage of chook food. In the rain, the chook’s food might not withstand. So, if you are urging with your homemade inventions, it is not recommended.
For being productive, the farmers should go for the readymade chicken feeders. If you want to know about chicken waterers here is our complete guide.
How Many of the Chicken Feeders Do You Need?
Well, it is not clear to state about its amount. It depends on the size of your flocks. The more you have the chicken feeders,the more you can avail of the benefit. Less mess and fight you will see if you supply a proper number of chicken feeder in your coop.
Your flocks can enjoy decent food whenever they wish. Recent surveys are ideal for keeping the feeders with five meters between them. The distance is for the chooks, who are older than six weeks. The feeder’s setup is perfectly ideal for them.
Some breeders also suggest keeping a few medium-sized chicken feeders if you have the larger flocks. The larger feeders can serve the purpose of their feeding. The most important thing is the farmers must see the feeding time and analyze whether all your flocks have eaten feed.
If the feeders are short compared to your flock’s size, you need to arrange more chicken feedersso that all your coop’s girls and boys can have the best meal.
The superiorly designed chicken feeders are the best choice for beginners. The bulk chicken feeder is the right choice for the breeders. The farmers can give the required amount of food to settle the coop.
Types of Chicken Feeders
a. Automatic Feeder
This is a type of feeding system for your large poultry farms. The farmers of a huge capacity of chickens (at least 400 flocks) can go for automatic poultry feeders.
These types of chicken feeders are designed so efficiently, promoting lower food wastage, and making the feeding process more manageable. It also gives the advantages to get rid of any other workforce.
b. Linear Feeder
The linear feeders are prepared from galvanized iron. Some local markets also sell these products, which are made from wood, bamboo, etc. The design of the liner feeders makes it so special for the feeding of chooks in your poultry.
Among all poultry feeders, this variant has also gained some popularity to set up good food management among the chicken flocks. A little change in the height, and you are ready to feed them.
A decent height can offer the liner feeder to serve its purpose. A feeder stand is also needed for each linear feeder. Another advantage of using this feeder is that it allows your beloved chickens to enjoy their meal by standing on either side.
c. Circular Feeder
The circular feeders are the semi-automatic feeders. The capacity to hold the weight of the food for each of them is 5 to 7 kg. Its shape is conical. This is one of the most popular and old design chicken feeder which is used all over the world.
This allows the prevention of food wastage. Here the feed is added from the hopper part and when the chicken ends the lower part feeds the feeding area automatically fill-ups again. This is hanged using a hook and rope inside the poultry coop. The height is adjustable accordingly flocks’ age.
If you are searching for a best portable chicken coop for your flocks here is the complete guide on it.
Benefits of Using a Chicken Feeder for Chickens
As we know, many farmers are going for automatic chicken feeding machines. The machines allow them to get more free time. However, some farmers do not know about them, and also price-point of an automatic feeder is costly. In this article, farmers can gain perfect and overall knowledge about the benefits of using a poultry feeder in their farms.
Here is the list of benefits:
1. Keeps Your Poultry Food Safe
Poultry birds are a little funny. They cannot go outside the farm, so they make their playground inside it. The safety of food is necessary.
The poultry food will also remain safe from outside intruders such as wild birds, squirrels, or other animals. They not only eat your poultry food but also waste it. So, a chicken feeder is an ideal choice to make things safer.
2. No Wastage of Food
During the time there, a lot of poultry food may be wasted. To avoid those things, breeders must install the chicken feeders on their farms. The chicken feeders will not allow the chickens to spread the grains out of their contained environment. These feeders only offer a decent food supply as required.
3. Clean Food for Your Poultry
Your coops can get clean well. The installation of chicken feed is also dealing with their safe food consumption. The farmers should buy chicken feeders to give a good feeding experience to their chooks.
If the coop scatters the food grains, it will create an unpleasant environment and food wastage. To make your farms clean as usual days, good quality chicken feeders should be kept.
Editor’s Choice on Best Poultry Feeder
Here is the product that the editor is recommending to its readers. The name of the item is Little Giant Hanging Poultry Feeder 3lb. The name ‘little giant’ is shown to its manufacturer. The red color is available for this product. Its weight is around 0.4 pounds.
The important fact is the item is available at a lower price and delivers a decent service. Its dimensions are 8.25 x 8.75 x 8.25 inches. It contains a feed saver lips. These lips are associated with a decrease of spillage. The feed levels are adjustable for this feeder.
You will experience no poultry food wastage after installing this feeder.
- The anti-scratch vanes system is included with it.
- The product is perfect for chick and baby quail as it comes with a smaller shape.
- Farmers can set it up quickly in their poultry houses.
It is easy to choose a chicken poultry feeder. Many options are available online. The best chicken feeder can be your choice—the choice which promotes your poultry growth by supplying decent food with a few expenditures.
Farmers should not get confused with products. The details about the best out of the best chicken feeders are given in this article, giving you some knowledge.